Venue: Council Chamber Town Hall. View directions
Contact: Pauline Ross Democratic Services Officer
The Chair will open the meeting and welcome all those present.
The Chair opened the Hearing and introduced the Members of the Sub-Committee and Officers present. At the request of the Chair the applicant and applicants representative gave a brief introduction.
To receive apologies for absence and details of any Councillor nominated to attend the meeting in place of a Member listed.
No apologies for absence were received.
Declarations of Interest
To invite Councillors to declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests or Other Disclosable Interests they may have in items on the agenda, and to confirm the nature of those interests.
There were no declarations of interest.
To consider an application for a Variation to a Premises Licence made by The Old Rectory Hotel, Ipsley Lane, Redditch, Worcestershire, B98 0AP.
Prior to the Hearing commencing, the Chair explained that it had been brought to her attention that, those residents who had submitted representations had brought to the Hearing a large placard, which detailed residential properties around the application site and annotated with additional information.
In accordance with The Licensing Act 2003 (Hearings) Regulations, the Chair asked the applicant if she would consent to the additional information being presented.
In response, Ms. S. Clover, the applicant’s representative stated that the applicant did not consent to this new information being included as no advance warning had been given and in order to consent, the applicant would have to have had the chance to check the information on the placard.
The Council’s Legal Advisor responded to those who had submitted representations, and reiterated that in accordance with The Licensing Act 2003 (Hearings) Regulations, any new information to be considered by the Sub-Committee could only be considered with the consent of all parties.
Accordingly, the Chair requested that the placard be removed from the Hearing.
The Sub-Committee was asked to consider a variation application for a Premises Licence in respect of The Old Rectory Hotel, Ipsley Lane, Redditch, Worcestershire, B98 0AP. The variation application having been submitted in order to:
Amend the hours for licensable activities as follows:
· Live Music Everyday 11:00 - 00:00 Both Indoors and Outdoors
· Recorded Music Everyday 11:00 – 00:00 Indoors Only
· Sale of Alcohol for consumption on the premise –
Monday to Saturday 10:00 – 00:00
Sunday 10:00 – 23:30
All licensable activities extended on New Year’s Eve/New Year’s Day until 02:00
To vary conditions on the existing licence by the removal of the following:
Annex 2 Conditions –
· Grounds are patrolled by staff during functions
· CCTV cameras installed
· No third party catering allowed e.g. pig roasts
· Maximum number of guests restricted to 120 (varied to 150 guests)
· No amplified music played outside
· Discos controlled as supplied exclusively by hotel
· Risks and responsibilities are discussed with guests who bring children to functions
To vary conditions on the existing licence by varying the following:
Annex 3 Condition –
· Regulated Entertainment shall not be provided on more than 3 days in any one week and shall not be provided more than 2 Sundays in any calendar month
Variation as follows:
Annex 3 Condition –
· Regulated Entertainment shall not be provided on more than 4 days in any one week and shall not be provided more than 3 Sundays in any calendar month
The application was subject to a hearing in light of 35 representations being received from local residents. The representations related primarily to Public Nuisance and Public Safety:-
· Noise emanating from the premises due to loud music/ live music.
· An increase in the volume of traffic.
· Additional traffic and parking of vehicles in local streets, due to limited parking at the premises.
· Public Safety in relation to the parking of additional vehicles from people using the premises, due to the lack of public footpaths on Ipsley Lane.
· Lack of public ... view the full minutes text for item 4.