The Executive Committee is the decision making body at Redditch Borough Council. Redditch Borough Council has adopted the “Leader and Cabinet” model of executive.
Each Portfolio Holder on the Executive Committee represents particular subject areas which are aligned with the Council’s strategic purposes (priorities).
The Portfolio Holders are:
· Leader of the Council and Portfolio Holder for Planning, Governance and Partnerships- Councillor Dormer (aligned to help me run a successful business).
· Portfolio Holder for Economic Development, Town Centre and Commercialism – Councillor Bush (aligned to help me run a successful business).
· Portfolio Holder for Community Safety and Regulatory Services – Councillor Prosser (aligned to help me to live my life independently (including health and activity)
· Portfolio Holder for Environmental Services – Councillor B Clayton (aligned to keep my place safe and looking good)
· Portfolio Holder for Leisure and Tourism - Councillor Rouse (aligned to provide good things for me to do, see and visit)
· Portfolio Holder for Housing – Councillor Warhurst (aligned to help me to find somewhere to live in my locality)
· Portfolio Holder for Corporate Management - Councillor Baker Price (aligned to help me to be financially independent (including education and skills)
Strategic Purposes will not be achieved by one service area alone and an individual service area will undoubtedly help achieve more than one strategic purpose. Each Portfolio Holder will work with the other Portfolio Holders to ensure the most effective use of resources and achievement of strategic purposes.
Decisions are made by the Executive Committee collectively. Portfolio Holders do not have delegated powers to make decisions on behalf of the Committee.
Members of the public are welcome to attend meetings of the Executive Committee.
Support officer: Democratic Services. 01527 64252 (ext 3268)
Redditch Borough Council
Walter Stranz Square
Web site: http://www.redditchbc.gov.uk